Future Star Fundamentals (FSF) is a bridging program between CanSkate and FutureSTARS that focuses on the core basic skills which are needed to develop a strong foundation for success in Figure Skating programs.
The lessons run alongside Canskate for an easier and stress free transition into future stars. FSF program continues the ease of progression for skaters. The small group environment and designated weekly skill development will aid in moving through the beginner levels of figure skating at a faster rate. It is required that skaters skate at least 2 days a week.
- interest in figure skating
- CS level 3-4
Please email email@example.com for more information, and to arrange assessment times.
- Skating Dress/Skirt with tights or athletic shirts, sweaters, jackets, and pants
- Gloves (non fuzzy)
- CSA approved Helmet
- Properly fitted and sharpened Figure Skates
- Neat and tidy hair that is kept out of the face
- Club Jackets are available for purchase. For more details https://www.skateburnaby.ca/registration/products/
Guidelines for Skates:
- Skates should fit snugly around the ankles and heel.
- Skaters should be able to walk with ankles upright.
- Second hand skates are fine provided they fit and provide proper support.
- Laces need to be done up tightly from toes to snug at top.
NEVER buy skates too big so they last another season. This can cause serious injuries to the skater and ultimately hinders skaters from progressing.