As a former Pre-Novice competitor and member of the BC/YK Region Select Team, Angie has a passion for sharing her love for figure skating with her students. She is an executive on the SFU Athletics Dance Team, having performed at Rogers Arena and the Richmond Oval for national league events. She brings her extensive experience in dance and performance to the ice, combining technique and artistry in the students she coaches. Through her skating career, Angie has learned that coach-skater relationships are extremely important to a skater’s success. She demonstrates a mentoring role to skaters and facilitates life skills to help achieve their goals in and beyond the sport. Angie teaches technique, artistry, choreography, and proactive mental training strategies. In addition, she is currently pursuing an honours degree in Psychology and a minor in Counselling & Human Development at Simon Fraser University.
She strongly believes in fostering a healthy, positive, and motivational training environment for skaters of all ages and abilities.
● Emergency First Aid/CPR-C/AED (Red Cross)
● Anti-bullying & Harassment Prevention Certified (Red Cross)
● Making Ethical Decisions Certified
● Principles of Healthy Child Development Certified (High-FIVE)
● Taught skaters from CanSkate to Star 8
● Sr Silver elements
● Gold interpretive
● Performed at Rogers Arena for the NLL Warriors + the Oval for the NAPB Vancouver Knights
● Currently completing a major in Psychology + a minor in Counselling + Human Development at SFU with a specific interest in Sports Psychology
● Verbally proficient in Cantonese